Monday, October 10, 2005

Welcome to Intro to Bolivar, or Bolivar 101, or How I Finally Succumbed to following my friends & creating my blog!

Welcome to Bolivar's Blog.

Bolivar is one of the many nicknames I have, courtesy of my father some 30+ years ago. I am pretty sure that some of those nicknames are unprintable! I think, if you are a family member or a close friend reading this, it's not hard to figure out who I am.

"If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes / You just have to claw your way through this disguise" - Pink Floyd, 1979

I will be using this blog from time to time to share my opinions, my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams. The topics run the gamut from movies to music to sports to personal views on life, liberty, & the pursuit of more money.

I am sure, from time to time, some people will be upset by what I have to say. I am sure arguments will be started. That's OK. Just remember, everyone is different. I think I am smart enough to know that what works for a lot of people does not work for me; likewise, what works for me may not work for a lot of people. I'm cool with that. The term is "differences". It's the differences between people that makes all of us unique & original. I like that. It's also called "learning". It makes me think sometimes, "Wow! I didn't know that!!"

I welcome feedback, especially from the Gleck family - Talmadge, Seraphim, & Tiger. Actually, I expect feedback from you three!!

Ending for now - Jerry Springer is on. Hey, I need a good laugh sometimes!!

Happy Birthday, John Winston Lennon, who would have been 65 yesterday. You are missed a lot.

G'day, eh?

~Bolivar Shagnasty, 10/10/05

3 Comments:

Blogger Talmadge said...

Bolivar, eh?

I think I know who you are. Here, take my copy of Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak." HAH! Snatched it back before you could grab it. Nyeah!

Glad to know somebody else is alongside of me as I'm waist deep in the big MP3 muddy.

Welcome, my friend. And congratulations on the resolution of a long and difficult battle. Your best days, sir, are ahead of you.

I wouldn't lie to you. Well, except for letting you have that Thin Lizzy album, that is.....

Ciao!

-TG

PS - TIP: Turn on "word verification" on your Comments prefs. That'll thwart "comment spam." You don't want that. The spam you'll get from Seraphim and myself is bad enough... ;-)

12:45 AM  
Blogger nettiemac said...

Hey Bolivar -- it's the wedding singer from Talmadge & Seraphim's wedding. Love your blog! Keep up the good work!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Seraphim9 said...

OMG....I just noticed on your Profile the list of Favorite Movies. I can't believe you forgot "The Blues Brothers" !!!!!

-Seraphim

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home